Thursday, July 8, 2010

Surprise!

Just when I think I have got it down and that I'm doing a great job raising Mya, I have a day like today. Granted its not my fault (all the way) but it makes me feel like an awful mom whenever Mya gives me a hard time.


First, I picked her up from the babysitter and she was in a "why?" mood the whole way home.
Patience = 7

Then, we got home to eat dinner & Mya didn't want to eat.
Patience = 6

She sat at the table and kept telling us how she didn't want to eat. So I took her to her room gave her a talk and brought her back. Still... she didn't touch her food.
Patience = 5.5; Nice, gentle voice = 3

10 minutes later, she is still not eating while we are almost done. I put her plate in another room by herself and tell her to eat. She still refuses to eat.
Patience = 4; Nice, gentle voice = 0

Finally I take her from that table, give her a few "love taps" (so to speak) and she ate half of the food on her plate.
Patience = 5


Through out the entire evening, she was just not happy. I can honestly say this has been one of the worst days we have had together. But I say that in hopes that we won't have another one for a VERY long time :)

I mean, what are good days without the bad.....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment