Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Testimony Tuesday Pt. 2

Last Tuesday I talked about my experience "getting saved" for the first time, and how I felt so different. Well, after that trip I went back home and of course all my old problems hadn't gone away. I was in middle school, which was the hardest three years for me, and all of it's drama was just waiting for me to return.

The first few weeks I was still pumped up from the services and I still felt good. I even witnessed to two of my friends at a sleepover and the next morning, we made index cards with scriptures on them and walked around the neighborhood putting them in mailboxes!! I thought getting saved was going to make everything perfect and Ashley would be this new great girl who had everything right. But I was wrong.

I quickly learned that being a Christian is not about solving the problems of life and it's not about being perfect (which I am obviously not!)- it's about accepting the fact that Jesus died for my sins. I love the saying "Christians are not perfect-just forgiven." It's very true! It's the first step in starting a relationship that will change your desires and change your heart but it doesn't happen overnight and no, its not easy... but it's totally worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment