Friday, October 2, 2009

Precious Moments

So... I should be studying for my exam that I have tomorrow morning, but I'm so tired of learning. So instead, I went to Blockbuster and got "The Little Mermaid" for me and Mya to watch. (and picked up some sour punch straws as well!)


And while I was there, I saw so many couples and I thought to myself "I cant wait until thats me!" Sometimes, I worry that because I have a daughter, I wont be able to do things with a boyfriend or go places and have dates! But I pray that a guy will come along one day and love Mya just as much as he would love me, and would think of little dates to do with both of us. It would be different, but def. could be fun! I mean, it would take a lot for a guy to want to sit here with me and Mya and watch The Little Mermaid, but thats the kind of guy that I want... one that surprises me :) Plus, it's not that hard to love Mya! Not to toot my own horn, but she is the best kid I have ever met! She's so sweet and cute!


So anyways...I wanted to make this list of how my life is different than any other 19 year old girls:


While they are out with their friends at the movies on Friday nights,
I am laying beside Mya watching movies that make me feel innocent again


While the highlight of their week is getting their nails done at the salon, 
mine is watching Mya jump up and down because he nails are "so pretty!"


While they can sleep in on Saturday mornings,
I am waken up by a smiling 2 year old saying "Mommy get up."


While they decorate their room with pictures of friends,
I decorate mine with evidence that I have the cutest offspring!


While they live their life according to their needs and desires,
I live mine knowing I have someone watching every move I make


While their favorite time of the day is watching their shows,
mine is watching Mya recite "The Three Little Pigs."


While they get to grow and find out who they are,
I find out what I can overcome and what I am capable of,


While they may be at parties or clubs,
I have Hannah Montana dance parties in my very own car,


While their bad day consists of fighting with parents or boyfriend,
mine is when Mya feels sick and isn't herself


While they may get bored or have nothing to do,
I always have someone there to keep me company


While they may have to search for who they are,
I can just look at Mya and see myself


While their worries are what to wear the next day,
mine are why in the world Mya isn't potty trained yet?!


Could say many more, but its getting kinda long!


And thats how you stay positive! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment