Monday, January 17, 2011

Tis the Day!

So this is the day I have been anticipating for about 10 months! I am finally at Liberty University in my own apartment and just finished my first day of classes! With the help of a few good friends, I moved my stuff here last two Saturdays ago and just this past Friday, I myself moved in. I still don't have everything unpacked. I will be sure to post up to date pictures once we get everything together! That is definitely the most exciting part for me- decorating my apartment! The week before I got here, I literally would wake up just thinking about what I wanted to do to my living room or what else I needed. On Friday, I had orientation and it was such a good day for me! I was so nervous about finding where I was supposed to go and getting all the last minute runs done. But I did it! Orientation went great! I met a few people there. Everyone is so friendly! Just walking down the sidewalk, I had someone stop me to ask where I was from and make small talk. Then all weekend, I had visitors. My mom helped me with some groceries and then my sister and her friend came to spend some time with me. And today, I got a taste of how heavy college work really is. I have 4 classes on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 1 online. During my 4th class today, I started tearing up because I was so discouraged. I couldn't even wrap my mind around how much I had to do when I got home. But I just have to stay encouraged and on top of things and I'll be just fine! A great friend of mine reminds me that God didn't bring me here just to drop me off. He will take care of me :)

Tonight, I made my first home-made dinner! And believe it or not, it was good!! I was so proud :)

I will be sure to keep updating about school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment